Grade Level Goals and Expectations
- S = Satisfactory
- W= Working towards the goal
- N= Needs improvement
- U= Unsatisfactory
This gives you an idea of what the expectations are, based on the time of the year. It also allows you to track your student's growth.
Leveled Reading Assessment
Below are the grade level expectations for each nine weeks.
- 1st Nine Weeks…Level E
- 2nd Nine Weeks…Level F
- 3rd Nine Weeks…Level H
- 4th Nine Weeks...Level J
Your child will be tested on the 1st grade sight word list each nine weeks. Below are the expectations for each nine weeks.
- 1st Nine Weeks… Words
- 2nd Nine Weeks… Words
- 3rd Nine Weeks… Words
- 4th Nine Weeks... Words
- Capitalization and punctuation
- Writing in complete sentences
- Writing paragraphs with an introduction and conclusion
- Including a beginning, middle, and end
- Using finger spaces between words
- Adding details
Below are concepts and skills that have been introduced and assessed during the first quarter. Please review the skills at home to prepare for any testing.
- Addition: making 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10
- Addition: changing the order of the addends
- Addition: adding doubles and near-doubles to 12
- Subtraction: finding missing parts of 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10
- Addition number sentences and subtraction number sentences (equations/ problems)
- Addition and subtraction number stories (word problems)