Grade Level Goals and Expectations
Our system of grading is based on the Orange
County Public School Alphabetic System of for Elementary Schools:
S = Satisfactory
W= Working towards the goal
N= Needs improvement
Additionally, if a student receives an N or a U, on any of their paperwork, it must be signed by a parent and returned.
In first grade, we use a goal sheet that is sent home with each report card.
This gives you an idea of what the expectations are, based on the time of the year. It also allows you to track your student's growth.
1st Grade Goals and Expectations
2nd Nine Weeks
Leveled Reading Assessment
Below are the grade level expectations for each nine weeks.
1st Nine Weeks…Level E
2nd Nine Weeks…Level F
3rd Nine Weeks…Level H
4th Nine Weeks...Level J
Your child will be tested on the 1st grade sight word list each nine weeks. Below are the expectations for each nine weeks.
1st Nine Weeks… 10 CWPM
2nd Nine Weeks… 10 - 23 CWPM
3rd Nine Weeks… 23 - 47 CWPM
4th Nine Weeks... 47 CWPM
- Capitalization and punctuation
- Writing in complete sentences
- Writing paragraphs with an introduction and conclusion
- Including a beginning, middle, and end
- Using finger spaces between words
- Adding details
Below are concepts and skills that have been introduced and assessed during the first quarter. Please review the skills at home to prepare for any testing. J
· Addition doubles to 18, doubles plus 1, doubles plus 2, adding 3 numbers
· Addition: Two question problems
· Addition: Making 10 to add 9,8 and various numbers
· Subtraction: Making 10 to subtract
· Subtraction; Using addition to subtract; using related facts
· Addition and subtraction number stories (word problems)
Patterns: Describing, translating and extending patterns
Patterns: Filling in missing pieces in patterns
Patterns: Creating patterns