In our class, students are expected to treat others the way they would like to be treated. Our class rules include:
1. Raise your hand if you have a question or would like to share.
2. Listen when others are speaking.
3. Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
4. Work quietly and do not disturb others.
5. Be respectful of the property of others.
6. Follow directions.
Select positive behavior incentives include:
Punch Cards – Students receive a punch on their punch card for anything from demonstrating excellent behavior to helping a friend. 10 punches earns them the reward card of their choice!
Reward Cards – Students choose a reward card listing the prize of their choice, which they can then redeem at any time. Prizes include things like a trip to the treasure box, eating lunch outside with a buddy, reading in the loft, and more!
Secret Starfish Winner – A randomly chosen, anonymous student who demonstrates excellent behavior in the halls is awarded a punch on their reward punch card and a Bloomz point!
Warm Fuzzies – Students work together with their “table team” to fill their table’s ‘warmfuzzies’ jar. When the team has filled their jar, they earn the privilege of eating lunch outside with Ms. Lucas!
Colors for Daily Behavior
All students start the day with their magnet on green.
- If students are spoken to about behavior and no change in behavior occurs, they are asked to move their magnet to yellow.
- If their behavior choices are still not corrected, they will be asked to move to red.
- If they begin to correct behavior, they have the opportunity to move their magnet back to green. - Greenmeans that your child had a great day!
- Bluemeans that your child had an OUTSTANDING day - they went above and beyond what was expected of them!