Planning & Zoning Department
- Permit Requirements are available online at www.oaklandfl.gov/876/Building-Permit-Information. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Commercial and new residential construction must include a digital copy via disc or thumb drive and appropriate hard copies for the Building Official to review and must be dropped off at the Planning & Zoning Department, 2 W Oakland Avenue Oakland, FL 34760 Suite# 2-100, between 8:00 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding public holidays.
- The permit types below are the ONLY permit types that may be submitted via email as a PDF to email@example.com:
- Air Conditioning
- Interior Renovations /Alterations (Please Call PDCS, LLC at (407) 277-9795 before submitting via email)
- Windows / Doors
- All other permit applications must include a digital copy via disc or thumb drive and appropriate hard copies for the Building Official to review and must be dropped off at the Planning & Zoning Department, 220 N. Tubb St. , between 8:00 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding public holidays.
- When your building permit is ready to be picked up, you will be notified directly by the Town of Oakland Planning & Zoning Department via email.
The Planning and Zoning Department administers land development and building permits, planning and zoning. We draft reports and make recommendations to the Appearance Review Board, the Planning and Zoning Board and the Town Commission. The Town’s Comprehensive Plan guides the department to retain our small-town, quaint environment, and preserve that identity. Our responsibilities include:
- Comprehensive Planning
- Land Development Regulations/Zoning Code
- Transportation Planning
- Building Permit Processing
- Geographic Information Systems (Mapping)
- Economic and Demographic Research
- Special Grant Applications