- Oakland Avenue Charter School
- Campus Life/Academics
- Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK)
Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK)
Eraina DeLimaVPK Assistant DirectorPhone: 407-877-2039 ext. 2552
Jennifer SaulVPK Assistant DirectorPhone: 407-877-2039 ext. 2523
Nicole BransfordVPKPhone: 407-877-2039
Amanda HiltonVPKPhone: 407-877-2039
Tiffany WilliamsVPKPhone: 407-877-2039
The VPK program at OACS was established on this campus by a private provider in 2008 to give our children a jump start by preparing them for school and enhancing their pre-reading, pre-math, language and social skills. In 2020, Oakland Avenue Charter School began operating the program. By developing the skills children need to become strong readers and students at an early age, children are more likely to be successful in school. Our Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten classrooms offer high-quality programs that include high literacy standards, developmentally appropriate curricula, manageable class sizes, and qualified teachers.
The Voluntary Prekindergarten Education Program – or VPK – is a free prekindergarten program for 4 and 5-year-olds who reside in Florida. Participating children must be 4 years of age on or before September 1 of school year they are enrolling for. The school year program includes 540 hours of instructional time which begins in August. We follow the designated VPK calendar and offer before/aftercare services (prices available upon request).
Benefits of early education and the VPK program
• The most important growth and development in the brain happens by the age of five.
• The early years are the learning years. A child’s ability to be attentive and to follow directions emerges in the early years. Structured early learning fosters these abilities for later success in school and in life.
• VPK prepares children to be ready for school. Children who participate in high-quality early childhood education programs develop better language skills, score higher in school-readiness tests and have better social skills and fewer behavioral problems once they enter school. They are also better prepared for Kindergarten, especially in the areas of pre-reading, pre-math and social skills.
• VPK promotes a love of learning in children. VPK enhances what a child learns at home and instills a love of life-long learning.
Click here for enrollment information