Building Permit Information
** NOTICE **
Applications for all Commercial and Multi-Family Construction must follow the Orange County Fast Track Process for Fire Marshall Review. Please follow the instruction in the attached document: Orange County Inter-Local Fast-Track Guide. The Town of Oakland Building Permit Application Process is found below under Building Permit Instructions.
DOCUMENTATION AND BUILDING CODE TECHNICAL INQUIRIES
Please contact for all permit documentation requirements, Contractor Licensing / Liability Insurance questions. You may also call PDCS, LLC (acting as the Town Building Official) at (407) 277-9795 for answers to these questions.
** Notice to Contractors: The Town of Oakland does not maintain a registry for Contractor Licensing. Each permit must contain all documentation as noted below. **
** Please allow, at least, working 5 days for Building Permit review and approval. **
Once PDCS, LLC completes the Building Permit Review the approved permits are couriered back to the Planning & Zoning Offices. If PDCS, LLC notifies you that the permit is ready, please allow 24 hours for the Town to contact you with payment and pick-up information.
If you are inquiring about your permit availability for payment and pick-up, zoning information please contact Town of Oakland Planning & Zoning at (407) 656-1117 (x2105).
BUILDING PERMIT INSTRUCTIONS
- Step 1: Review submittal requirements, fees, and more at PDCS, LLC (Oakland) . For permit requirement questions please call PDCS, LLC (acting as the Town Building Official) at (407) 277-9795
- Step 2: Fill out the Building Permit Application.
- Residential Building Permit Submittal Guidelines
- Step 3: (Not Applicable to Residential & Residential Accessory Structure Permits) All Commercial and Multi-Family Construction must follow the Orange County Fast Track Process for Fire Marshall Review. Please follow the instruction in the attached document: Orange County Inter-Local Fast-Track Guide.
- Step 4: Submit application and other necessary documents at the Town Hall or Application Packages may be emailed to .
- Step 5: You will be contacted via e-mail when your permit is approved and ready for in-person pickup and payment.
- Step 6: All payments for Building Permit shall be made by Check, Money Order or Cash. Checks shall be made payable to the Town of Oakland, unless notified otherwise.
REQUIRED WITH EVERY PERMIT:
- Copy of Current State Business License
- Copy of Certificate of General Liability Insurance
- Copy of Workers’ Compensation (or a copy of exemption form)
*** Please note that Building Final Certificate of Occupancy (CO) is subject to required inspection by the Planning & Zoning Department and Public Works / Utilities, in addition to inspection and signature by the PDCS, LLC (acting as the Town Building Official) ***