Oakland Avenue Charter School Statement on COVID-19
February 28, 2020
There are no reported cases of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the State of Florida. OACS is continuing to monitor information from the CDC and state health officials regarding this illness. Everyone can do their part to help prevent the spread of this and other contagious illnesses.
It’s flu and respiratory disease season and the CDC recommends getting a flu vaccine, taking preventive actions to help stop the spread of germs, and taking flu antivirals, if prescribed. OACS will continue to follow CDC recommendations to prevent infection of respiratory viruses like the flu and COVID-19.
- We encourage students and staff to:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when sick.
- Cough or sneeze into an elbow or use a tissue and place immediately in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
If your child gets sick with flu-like or respiratory symptoms, in most cases, they should stay home except to get medical care. Please follow standard practices for communicating any absences to your child’s teacher.
Thank you for your continued support in keeping our students and staff safe. More information on the coronavirus is available at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus and you can keep up with Orange County Public Schools’ policy at https://www.ocps.net/departments/exceptional_student_education/related_services/school_health_services/coronavirus_disease_2020.