Town of Oakland Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Resources
Updated: March 4, 2020
The Town of Oakland is continuing to monitor information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state health officials regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, please seek medical care. Contact your health care provider by phone ahead of your visit and tell them about your recent travel and symptoms.
The Florida Department of Health’s Call Center is available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at 1 (866) 779-6121 or by emailing COVIDemail@example.com
The CDC reminds everyone to practice proper hygiene habits to help prevent the spread of this and other respiratory illnesses like the flu. We encourage community members to:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cough or sneeze into an elbow or use a tissue and place immediately in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using household cleaning sprays or wipes.
The Town and The Oakland Avenue Charter School will continue to follow CDC recommendations to prevent infection of respiratory viruses like the flu and COVID-19. If your child gets sick with flu-like or respiratory symptoms, in most cases, they should stay home except to get medical care. Please follow standard practices for communicating any absences to your child’s teacher.
For more information about COVID-19, visit the following official sources: