It’s the first annual Winter Wreath Walk at Oakland Nature Preserve and the community is invited to design the wreaths! Approximately 60 illuminated wreaths with Florida winter themes will line the Heathy West Orange Boardwalk to the pavilion at Lake Apopka. The stroll will be open to guests from 6-8 p.m. on Dec. 17-19 and entry is donation-based.
Creators are welcome to design their own wreaths as part of the walk, which can be entered into a silent auction or picked up after the Wreath Walk.
- Wreaths can be any size but should include battery-powered lights.
- Please do not include any viable non-native seeds or berries.
- Wreaths should be family friendly.
- Keep in mind that creations will be exposed to the elements and possible animal interactions.
- Wreaths will be placed along the boardwalk the week before the event. All wreaths not part of the silent auction may be retrieved the week of Dec. 26.
For more information or to register a wreath visit: https://oaklandnaturepreserve.wildapricot.org/wreath
The mission of the Oakland Nature Preserve is to promote an understanding of the fragile balance between mankind and the environment by educating visitors about Lake Apopka basin's ecosystems and cultural history, and by restoring and conserving the lands within the Preserve.