The Town of Oakland’s Celebration Among the Oaks event is returning to bring the community together for a springtime festival with exciting new experiences.
Now with an expanded footprint throughout the Historic Downtown area from VanderLey Park to the Healthy West Orange Arts and Heritage Center, families are invited to enjoy a spectacular helicopter Easter Egg drop, photos with the Easter bunny, petting zoo, interactive kids’ activities, live music and more!
The event, to be held from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 9, will offer guests the opportunity to:
- Watch over 10,000 eggs drop from the sky by helicopter during an egg hunt hosted by The Lakeside Church.
- Play, chase and pop a continuous stream of bubbles at The Bubble Bus.
- Visit the Easter Bunny in Oakland’s Gazebo with a fresh floral backdrop by Farm Nine.
- Get up close to springtime animals at the Petting Zoo featuring bunnies, baby chicks and goats.
- Enjoy StoryWalk, in partnership with the Orange County Library System, who presents “Planting a Rainbow” by Lois Ehlert along the West Orange Trail.
- Listen to live music on the Center porch, presented by HAPCO Music Foundation.
- Learn how to prune herbs and discover the environmental benefits of pollinators at Westly's Herb Garden courtesy of The Bloom & Grow Society.
- Discover the rich history of Oakland by exploring the new Est. 1887 exhibition, a combination of local art and history delving into the founding of the Town.