The Hispanic Heritage Month celebration continues into October with “Music Under the Oaks,” from 5-9 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 7 in VanderLey Park, located at 117 E Gulley Ave., Oakland. This outdoor, free music event will also offer Latin food vendors, artisan craft booths coordinated by Orange Blossom Market, and wine and beer by West Orange Creamery.
The evening will feature The #CubanAmericanTrio, presented by HAPCO, playing modern jazz. Latin GRAMMY-nominated pianist Martin Bejerano fronts this internationally acclaimed trio, accompanied by renowned Cuban drummer Ludwig Afonso and GRAMMY-nominated New York City bassist Edward Pérez.
- Music begins at 5:30 p.m. arrive early with a lawn chair or picnic blanket to find a space to enjoy the show.
- Bring a chair and enjoy the sounds of the #CubanAmericanTrio with Martin Bejerano who will headline the night, with additional performances throughout the night.
- Food trucks offering traditional Latin foods will be on site serving fresh empanadas, croquettes, and Cuban Sandwiches. Please leave coolers at home.
- Enjoy a cold beer and wine available for purchase from The West Orange Creamery. No outside alcohol, please leave coolers at home.
- Shop at artisan craft vendor booths selling fine art, handmade crafts, and quality merchandise.
- Parking is available at Family Church in their field at Oakland Ave. & Tubb Street. Please use caution when walking down Tubb Street to VanderLey Park.